Gamescom has left us a spectacular gameplay trailer for Chernobylite, the new open-world survival horror that will arrive this year. The Farm 51, who also brought us the strange Get Even, is behind this new title. Your protagonist will be a young physicist whose life gets thrown upside down by a terrible nuclear accident, which also leads to the disappearance of his girlfriend. 30 years later, he will return to the place where the disaster occurred, where pollution has increased, and a harmful substance called “chernobylite” dominates the air.
On that premise, your protagonist must discover what dark secrets are hidden in radioactivity and look into the disappearance of his girlfriend. But you must be careful, because you will not be alone. You must face the strange beings that roam at night, the dangers of radiation and a military presence.
You can enjoy your adventure with other survivors, but always keep in mind that your decisions will mark the course of history and that supplies and lives are not unlimited. So you will have to be very careful. You must also do everything possible to collect as many supplies as you can and create weapons. Chernobylite combines exploration, fighting, and a nonlinear story.
Here are a few key features of the game:
- Explore the beautiful and horribly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers you find in the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember that everyone has a hidden agenda. Forever.
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats.
- Immerse yourself in the non-linear, exciting science fiction horror story.
- Make good use of your character’s knowledge, to create your team and manage your supplies.
- Fight against wild creatures that sprout from alternative reality.
- Research and collect data with sophisticated substance and environment analysis tools.
We still do not know the release date, but without a doubt, after seeing this new gameplay-trailer, Chernobylite is one game we look forward to.