Psychological Horror Adventure Dark Fracture Coming To All Platforms in 2022
Feardemic and Twisted II Studio recently concluded an agreement under which Feardemic (a subsidiary of Bloober Team) will publish the upcoming, psychological first-person horror adventure Dark Fracture on all platforms, including physical editions.
In a recent press release, representatives of Feardemic and Twisted II Studio participated in an AMA session on the Reddit board of r/pcgaming, where the publisher announced their publishing agreement for Dark Fracture, spoke about their release plans, shared insights, and answered questions related to game’s development.
Per the developer:
Set in the late 90s in a forested area of the Northeastern USA, Dark Fracture brings you into the eerie environment of a body farm – a decomposition research facility. You enter the world as Edward, a lonely individual tormented by a tragic past, whose only solace is in the medicine that helps him to get through the day. Edward is barely able to cope with his issues, which are only intensified by the solitude of his workplace. He puts on a brave front and dutifully wakes up for work every day. His routine serves as his only anchor, but deep inside, trouble is simmering…
- Unravel the mysteries surrounding the body farm while trying to survive the inexplicable events happening around you. Trust nothing and no one.
- Dig deeper into Edward’s psyche and meet other employees whose intentions are anything but clear – are they friend or foe?
- Otherworldly Exploration: Experience visions of a terrifying parallel dimension. But does that world exist, or is it all in Edward’s mind?
- Decision Making: The decisions you make in the game will impact Edward’s fate. Will you save or condemn him? Make your choices wisely.
- Sanity Meter: Your sanity is the key to survival. Disturbing events will hinder your progress throughout the game, sapping away your resolve.
- Procedurally Generated Paranormal Events: On top of being varied by your sanity meter, encounters and visions do not always happen at a set moment.
- Survival Horror Gameplay Elements: Search key items to help your progress through the adventure, and carefully manage resources to survive.
- Artistic Inspiration: The rich and immersive environments of the game take inspiration from the surrealist paintings of Zdzisław Beksiński as well as the flesh-like creations of H.R. Giger.
Dark Fracture is set to release simultaneously on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch in late 2022. You can download the Dark Fracture: Prologue, the first chapter of the indie psychological horror game, on Steam right now.
You can also check out the Prologue Trailer below.