This is the Zodiac Speaking Dials in on October 15th
Get ready for the story-rich, murder-mystery-horror thriller This is the Zodiac Speaking made by indie developers Punch Punk Games, whose members who have worked on such titles Dead Island and Dying Light. In a recent post on the game’s official Twitter page, the team announced an October 15th launch to pretty much all current platforms (PS4, Xbox One, Steam and Switch).
The game itself takes inspiration- in case it wasn’t obvious- from the unsolved Zodiac killer mystery that plagued California in the late 1960s and follows journalist Robert Hartnell who receives a phone call from the elusive killer in which he is greeted with the message “Hello, this is the Zodiac speaking.”
The developers say on their Steam page:
This is the Zodiac Speaking is a thriller with elements of horror, stealth mechanics, detective mode and several endings to discover. The gloomy atmosphere of the game is achieved with the original, stylized graphics and film-like music.
Players can also expect the following prominent features:
- Discover the evidence-based story of America’s most famous never-caught serial killer
- Experience the story from the perspective of a victim who survived the attack
- Unravel the details of the murders during psychological sessions and in detective mode
- Listen to the voices of victims and save their souls
- Discover the alternative endings
- Enjoy the atmospheric, film music
- Travel to the vintage ’70s and feel the climate of the past
The game’s script was written by Łukasz Orbitowski, a renowned Polish fantasy and horror writer who has been nominated for numerous awards in the past and is described as a “Polish Stephen King”. The game will combine stealth, horror, and mystery, in which players will try to discover the identity of one of the most famous serial killers in US history. It sounds like it’s going to be an interesting thriller combing facts and historical accuracy. This could be an intriguing title for serial killer enthusiasts out there.