These horror games are going to be destroyed at Summer Games Done Quick 2016
Many of us on this website can probably claim to be pretty good at horror games, but the speedrunners attending Games Done Quick will probably put us all to shame. The Summer edition of this amazing charity event is approaching again and the schedule is now online. Listed below are some of the horror and horror-themed games that the runners are going to tackle:
- Demon’s Souls in 75 minutes.
- Wolfenstein: The New Order in 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Amnesia the Dark Descent without any glitches in just 1 hour.
- Resident Evil 2 in 65 minutes.
- Silent Hill 3 in 55 minutes.
- System Shock in 20 minutes.
- Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction in 2 hours as a Druid.
- Typing of the Dead in 35 minutes.
For the sake of convenience I left out the many Castlevania games that are played in one huge block and return pretty much every year, but that still leaves us with an impressive list of titles. I am particularly interested in Demon’s Souls and System Shock, though that is primarily because I am terrible at those games and might learn a few clever tricks in case I ever try playing them again.
You can check out the schedule yourself in the source below. The date and time are automatically converted to your own timezone.