[REC] videogame coming next year
Bloody Disgusting reports today that Tonika Games has reached an agreement with Filmax to create a video game based Jaume Balaguero and Paco Plaza’s [REC] franchise.
Details are scarce at the moments but here’s what we know so far:
– The game will faithfully reproduce the content of the story of the movies.
– It will be divided into four worlds representing the four movies (players will enjoy phase 1 and 2 and the rest will be released after the 3rd and 4th film are premiered)
– The official game of [REC] has been developed with Unity3D technology, a powerful game engine used to create products on multiple platforms, including hardcore Platforms PlayStation and mobile devices such as iPhone and Android.
– In the design and development process, the scary atmosphere of the films are taken into account.
– The concept of play, gender-based FPS (First Person Shooter), exploits the possibilities of the 3D engine to provide the player with an immersive experience in first person whose goal is to meet modeled scenarios successive missions from the original locations of the films.
– The game will be available on the following devices: iPhone, iPad, PC, Blackberry, and Android tablet. It will be available in several languages: Castilian, English, French, Italian and German. The price of 2.99 euros will download will be available in the first quarter of 2012.