Our Next Movie Commentary is for John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN
What better choice for the month of frights than the classic that embodies it so well? John Carpenter’s Halloween is a classic that still stands today as just as frightening as it was in 1978. This genre-defining masterpiece not only invented the slasher genre (by combining aspects of films like Psycho and Black Christmas) but it’s also one of the most successful independent films of all time.
Michael Myers, a seemingly hypnotized young man who murdered his sister when he was a child, escapes from a mental institution in the dead of night. His psychologist, the only one who sees him for the monster he truly is, follows him to his hometown of Haddonfield where he first killed. The shadows of Halloween night come alive as this killer stalks the youth of Lampkin Lane one by one, creating a legacy of violence that will haunt the town to this day… the legacy of the night he came home.
To secure a download for our John Carpenter’s Halloween commentary (and all past and future commentaries), support our site and staff on Patreon for just a dollar or more a month! Not only will your contribution support our goals of improving our site and the content we produce, but you’ll also get exclusives like our monthly commentary series, invitations to our staff hangouts, ad-free access to the site, and more!
Keep an eye on our Patreon page for an MP3 download link soon!
Our full list of goodies for Patrons include:
- Ad-Free browsing!
- Exclusive monthly horror film commentaries – from classics to the latest releases!
- Invitation to an hour-long monthly Google Hangout session with Rely on Horror staff members for topical discussions and the latest news on the horror genre!
- Exclusive Discord Role!
- Advanced access to episodes of the Rely on Horror Show on Youtube!
- Access to the Patreon comments page
- Automatic entry into eligible site contests (requires valid email)
- A Thank You on the site
- Inclusion in our weekly newsletter!