Holstin is an upcoming psychological horror survival game set in an eerie, isolated 90s Polish lakeside town in which an ominous presence has slowly enveloped everything and everyone. A close colleague of yours came here, looking for answers to a newspaper story. But after a series of incoherent and troubling messages, all contact was lost. Now you need to venture into this psyche-shattering town to find out the truth and the fate of your friend.
The game is heavily inspired by the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series with the narrative team aiming for a darker Twin Peaks feel.
Late November 1992. A small, isolated town in eastern Poland is struck by a foul calamity that slowly begins to consume everyone and everything it touches. This is the last known whereabouts of your friend Bartek before he stopped answering your calls. Now, you need to follow in his footsteps to uncover what brought him to this town in the first place and why he possibly couldn’t ever get out.
- Explore a Possessed Town – Something is very wrong in the town of Jeziorne-Kolonia. The streets are overrun by some kind of filthy slime. The people, the buildings, and the wildlife all seem to be slowly deteriorating from the inside.
- Fight and Survive Against Unfathomable Monstrosities – Scavenge for scarce supplies and weapons to fight off the twisted monstrosities now roaming the darkest corners of the town.
- Speak to Locals Slowly Losing Their Minds – Sanity among the locals seems to be slowly slipping away, but they are the only ones who can get you the answers you need. You will have to play along with their unnerving delusions and try to understand their festering world to get anywhere.
- Classic Visuals with Modern Tricks and Technology – Hand-drawn, 3D pixel art enhanced with dynamic lighting and a free camera system.
- Full Voice Acting in Polish and English – Chillingly manic performances in both English and Polish will bring every character in Holstin to life.
Holstin utilizes 2XD Rendering technology which allows the team to create real-time lighting in a pixel art game. A Steam demo will be released in January 2023.
Holstin will be coming to PC and console sometime in 2023.