Be “One Ugly Mother-” in Predator: Hunting Grounds
IllFonic, the studio best known for creating the very well made Friday The 13th The Game (2017), will shortly be bringing us Predator: Hunting Grounds, a new asymmetrical multiplayer shooter. In the game, one group of players will control members of an elite paramilitary Fireteam as they attempt to complete missions, while one player will control the Predator on a mission to hunt down the most dangerous game. Predator: Hunting Grounds features a combination of third and first-person views as you play as the different player types.
Some of the features listed by the developer are:
- As Fireteam soldiers, face heavily armed forces to accomplish impossible missions in the dangerous jungles of South America, from taking out an infamous drug lord to shutting down links to local bases in a global network.
- Gain access to a wide variety of options to decide your soldier’s playstyle. Pick a class to determine your proficiencies, equip various weapons to unleash your firepower, and use many more options to bolster your soldier’s loadouts.
- As the Predator, study the warriors in the jungle and choose the best of the best to engage. Dispatch your targets and collect trophies to display as tokens of each hunt. Do not let your prey escape. Failure is not an option.
- Choose from an assortment of deadly alien weaponry and tech, such as the classic shoulder-mounted Plasma Caster, Wrist Blades, Smart Disc and Camouflage.
- Select different Predator classes like the Scout, Hunter and Berserker to stalk your prey, each with their own unique strengths and abilities.
Between the decently reviewed Terminator: Resistance and now this game, it looks like Schwarzenegger franchise-based games are on the rise. The Predator series has never really had a knockout standalone title (not counting the Aliens vs. Predator series), and while I’ll always have a sweet spot for the old NES Predator (well, at least its soundtrack), this new title looks promising and might have what it takes to get this series out of its gaming slump. From its look and feel, it’s basically the first movie, which in this case might just be a good thing considering the series’ rocky history. IllFonic has proven they have a passion and respect for source material like few developers out there and this one could turn out to be something special.
Predator: Hunting Grounds is set to release on April 24, 2020, on PlayStation 4 and on PC through Epic Game Store. If you pre-order the game, you’ll get an exclusive ’87 Predator skin from the original movie, as well as early access to “Ole Painless,” the mini-gun Jesse Ventura’s character wields in the film.
Ain’t got time to bleed? Then check out the new State of Play Ultimate Adversary trailer below.