The Voidness is a sci-fi psychological horror game that takes place inside a void filled only with gloom and darkness. The only way to see is by scanning the environment with your range finder device, but, you are not alone.
You take the role of a space specialist named Francesca Lee, sent to study a mysterious void on a newly founded planet. Players must roam freely, scan, mark, explore, and try to unravel the story all while something is lurking in the void.
You must navigate your way by scanning the simulation environment equipped with your range scanning device, upgrade, scan, and mind your footsteps as every step you take can be deadly inside the void. Along the way, players will utilize scanning turrets to guide them in the environments, find upgrades, mark landmarks, and more.
Players must tread carefully since stepping on debris will alert enemies to your presence. The same goes if you’re in their line of sight or if you make any noise.
- LIDAR scanning environment: Scan the environment with your range scanner device to see in the darkness and gloom.
- Terrifying enemies that listen: Try to make it past terrifying enemies that listen, and can only be seen by scanning them.
- Microphone Input: When in hiding, the enemy can hear your breathing through your microphone. Don’t breathe. Don’t panic.
- Hiding System: Hide from the enemies under tables, while trying to stay quiet as they can hear you from your microphone when you are in hiding mode.
- Gut-wrenching Moments: Walking on broken glass can make noises that the enemy may hear, the same as moving crates or knocking over objects. all these things can give away your position. Try to evade them or use them to your advantage.
- Upgrades and more: Find and upgrade your scanner to scan vertically, and horizontally, increase the size of the scan, and much more.
The game is currently in Early Access on Steam with a planned release date of April 7th, 2023.
You can view the Official Gameplay Announcement Trailer for The Voidness below.