Kickstarter Launches for Eerie New Horror-Adventure Title Saint Kotar
Saint Kotar is an upcoming psychological horror adventure set in a small rural town plagued by macabre murders and strange phenomena, allegedly related to devil worship and witchcraft. Developed by Czech studio Red Martyr Entertainment, the game’s Kickstarter campaign is set to launch in early May.
In the game you play as Benedek Dohnany and Nikolay Kalyakin, whose mission it is to unravel a captivating and branching story set in the town of Sveti Kotar. Your actions and words affect the storylines you experience and the characters you meet in this dark place tormented by agony and sorrow.
Based on the screenshots and little tidbits of story provided by the game’s trailer, this title looks to be in the vein of such horror classics as Alone in the Dark and Alan Wake. It’s definitely got the vibe down and the visuals, while not spectacular, really sell the gloom and dread of the dreary, fogbound town.
According to the developers, the game will feature:
- Dark psychological horror adventure set in the small rural town of Sveti Kotar.
- Glimpse of a vast and foreboding world to explore.
- Two fascinating playable characters, two captivating storylines.
- Decisions are fateful and affect the storylines.
- Mysterious and gripping branching plot.
- Hand-painted distinctive art style that fits the game’s mood.
- Fully voiced.
- Eerie original soundtrack.
- Modern twist on a classically inspired point and click adventure gameplay.
You can already visit the pre-launch page for the Saint Kotar campaign as well as download a free demo entitled Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask, which lets you play the first 2 hours of the game.
Head on over to the Saint Kotar Steam page for more details and to download the demo.