Italian developer Santa Ragione revealed that its upcoming title Saturnalia, a single-player horror-adventure set in the Italian region of Sardinia, circa 1989, will debut on the Epic Games Store for PC and on Playstation 4 and 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S|X, and Switch consoles on October 27th.
Saturnalia is a kaleidoscopic adventure inspired in equal parts by authentic Sardinian folklore and classic Italian Giallo horror films. The story involves a mysterious, centuries-old ritual that occurs every year on the night of the winter solstice in the Italian village of Gravoi.
Each of the game’s four playable characters must utilize their unique abilities and confront their own personal revelations in order to expose the secrets haunting the town and ultimately escape their doom.
Saturnalia invites players into a daring neon-folk nightmare:
- Seek clues in a maze-like village with no markers or compass to guide your steps.
- Explore the ever-changing town of Gravoi using matches to keep the dark at bay.
- Flight and stealth are your only options, as you cannot fight the creature that hunts you.
- Immerse yourself in the stop-motion animation and vibrant expressionist art style of Saturnalia for an eerily beautiful atmosphere that is as enthralling as it is chilling.
- Control your fate through non-linear progression and a dynamic, adaptive narrative, with unique endgames dependent on player choices.
Saturnalia was developed and published by Santa Ragione in collaboration with production co-funder Big Trouble. For more info, you can follow Santa Ragione on Twitter or check out the developer’s website here. You can also add Saturnalia to your wishlist on the Epic Games Store.
Don’t forget to check out the Consoles and Launch Date Announcement trailer below.