Resident Evil 5 – The Files

Sometimes it’s not what’s in the game that tells the most compelling story.  Any true fan of Resident Evil can attest to going through a game and desperately searching for little memos, bits of paper, letters to loved ones, plaques on walls, all little pieces of of literature that tell a largely untold story.  Sometimes the real horror story isn’t what you see on the screen, but what you can only imagine.

In the Resident Evil Universe, these stories are told in The Files.

Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA)

Following the annihilation of Raccoon City, Umbrella was hit hard with multiple lawsuits for their involvement in the incident. But there was an organization that was hit even harder by the fallout of that incident: the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium, an organization comprised of pharmaceutical companies from around the world. Umbrella’s development of and experimentation with Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W.), along with the sale of those weapons on the black market, caused people to distrust the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium, and the fact that Umbrella was an executive board member only deepened their misgivings.

If things had ended there, the consortium may have just escaped with a tarnished reputation. But in today’s world, medicine is an integral part of almost all medical procedures. The public is also quite informed when it comes to which medications are trusted and which are not. If the population loses trust in the pharmaceutical company responsible for creating certain medications, it can quickly bankrupt said company.

The Umbrella trials took a turn for the worse for the consortium when prosecutors presented evidence that incriminated many other pharmaceutical companies. Prosecutors showed that Umbrella acquired medicines and techniques in their own bio-weapons research. They commissioned each of the respective companies to only partially develop certain medicines so that they could not be traced to what was ultimately being developed. The responsible companies thus unwittingly contributed to the development of bio-weapons.

Until this development in the case, the consortium looked at the lawsuits as Umbrella’s problem. Now the problem was thrust into their laps as well. The companies that were linked to Umbrella faced the possibility of sharing blame for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people, and if Umbrella lost the lawsuits, they would face bankruptcy as well. Even if Umbrella was found not guilty of any wrongdoing, the negative publicity would not only be disastrous for sales, but the governments of the world would revoke the companies’ permits to sell their products.

Not having permission to distribute their products worldwide would effectively dismantle their businesses. The pharmaceutical companies realized they had no choice but to take drastic measures to counter their dismal prospects. The consortium decided to strike a deal with the prosecutors. They would put all their efforts into assisting with the case against Umbrella, even to the point of turning over any internal company documentation. The prosecutors in the case, being obsessed with seeing Umbrella fall, agreed to accept the help of the consortium’s companies, and in return they would not pursue legal action against them.

In 2003, Umbrella was found guilty on all charges. With its fall, the scandal that rocked the pharmaceutical industry to its core could finally be put to rest. But Umbrella’s dismantlement led to an unforeseen situation. In the fallout of Umbrella’s collapse, B.O.W.s began to show up on the black market. The weapons wound up in the hands of terrorists, guerrilla fighters, and unstable state governments. Soon the threat of these B.O.W.s began to be felt around the world. Faced with a new Umbrella-like crisis, the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium knew they would have to take immediate action. It was then that the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA) was formed to fight threads from B.O.W.s.

Upon its initial foundation, only eleven elite individuals were made part of the BSAA. Their job was limited to that of observers to armies and police units around the world that conducted counter-bioterrorism operations. Unfortunately, the world’s bioterrorism problem was much bigger than anyone had anticipated, and so a new course of action was required to handle the problem. To that end, consideration was given to creating a team that could react instantly to threats, but the BSAA was still only a civilian-led organization. They could not operate freely in sovereign nations, and thus were unable to conduct investigations, make pertinent arrests, or even use force when the situation dictated it. It was clear now that the threat of bioterrorism was now the entire world’s problem, and something would have to be done.

The BSAA was then reformed under the U.N.’s jurisdiction. As a U.N.-controlled special forces team, the BSAA’s acceptance by the U.N.’s member states was taken as a given. The truth of the matter was that only 70 percent of the member states would approve of BSAA activities on their soil, and the remainder of the states would only approve BSAA activities in their countries on a conditional basis. That is how the current incarnation of the BSAA was formed.

The BSAA’s headquarters was located in England, but any further details of the location were not released to the public. Since a BSAA team had to be able to be deployed within 12 hours, it was assumed that they were located near an airport hub or an air force base. Some sources claimed that the BSAA had bases in the area under their jurisdiction. The following is a list of areas under the jurisdiction of their respective BSAA branches.

  • European Headquarters: Europe and western Russia
  • Middle East Branch: The Middle East and part of Africa
  • North American Branch: The entire North American continent (Chris Redfield is stationed here)
  • South American Branch: The entire South American continent
  • West African Branch: The western part of the African continent (Sheva Alomar is stationed here)
  • East African Branch: The eastern part of the African continent
  • Far East Branch: Eastern Russia and the counties east of India
  • Oceania Branch: Australia is the center of operations of Oceania (Antarctica, where Umbrella’s Antarctic Base was located, falls under the jurisdiction of the Oceania Branch.)

Each BSAA branch had a considerable number of people on their tactical teams, most of them coming from police special forces and militaries around the world. The support staff for the teams was also quite large, and they came mainly from government organizations in different countries. There were many groups of experts on the staff that provided technical, medical, physical, and mental support to the teams. The BSAA deployment teams were divided into two groups. The first group was the Special Operations Unit (SOU). The SOU was sanctioned to infiltrate an area, engage in combat, and subdue offenders. Teams were usually comprised of 12 members, and each team was divided into three four-man cells.

A special feature of the SOU is the flexibility of its personnel during operations. In order to match the scale of an operation, cells from other teams are brought in on a regular basis. For one specific joint operation, there were 70 elite members working together. Dan DeChant is currently the leader of Alpha Team for this operation. The team is comprised of his own standard team along with cells from other teams. (The designation Alpha Team will only be used for this operation.)

Reports indicate that because unknown B.O.W.s are involved, the efficacy of the tactical team’s methods for handling them may be low, and considering as to be given to the strong points that raise their efficacy. Another key part of the BSAA is the Special Operations Agent (SOA). Usually they referred to as just “agents”, and unlike the SOU, agents work alone. The agents are primarily involved in investigations and espionage activities, and as such, they are considered the eyes and ears of the BSAA. During certain operations, it may become difficult for tactical teams to penetrate to the front, so it is up to the agents to carry out the missions.

During those types of missions, a two-man cell is the basic deployment unit required to carry out the mission. Sometimes agents must go beyond the jurisdiction of a BSAA branch to carry out their missions. Many of them are dispatched to areas with unlawful activities. This mission sees agent Chris Redfield in that role. Agents who work alone are highly capable, and they rank higher than SOU members; however, agents are not chosen so much for their abilities or technical prowess, but for the psychological state and aptitude in handling situations. In actual skills and abilities, they may be outperformed by SOU members.

The BSAA is a public organization with an international staff, but owing to the logistics of running such an organization, it is a well-known fact that most of their funding comes from the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium. While this relationship has been the target of much criticism, the consortium’s funding removes the financial burden from participatory nations, and as such, any motivation to change the situation and incur unwanted expenses. As for the consortium, their sponsorship acts as a much needed industry-wide PR service. So far this partnership has been beneficial to all parties involved.

On a final note, the eleven members who were part of the BSAA from the beginning are highly respected within the organization, and are known as the Original Eleven. The name comes from the Original Seven, who were the seven astronauts selected for Project Mercury. One of these Original Eleven is Chris Redfield. A number of other members of the Original Eleven also work alongside many of the tactical teams.


Listed below is what is currently known regarding the Las Plagas parasite:

Though only recently discovered, the parasite known as Las Plagas was sealed away under the family castle of castellan Ramon Salazar for many generations.

The parasite attaches itself to a human host and is assimilated by the central nervous system. Infected humans lose all rational thinking faculties and are wholly subject to control by another type of Plaga known as a control Plaga (usually another infected human). Hosts may lack rational thought function, but they still retain human-level intelligence such as the ability to understand and communication with each other. They can also use tools and are surprisingly crafty when working in groups against an enemy.

Leon S. Kennedy documented his encounter with these infected humans in the Kennedy Report. In his report they were referred to as Ganados.

The presence of Las Plagas in this mission has been confirmed. It is currently unknown how the parasites discovered in Europe, came to be present in Africa. A known bio-weapons smuggler, Ricardo Irving, is wanted for questioning regarding this matter.

This information was obtained by the BSAA’s Alpha Team at great personal risk to themselves. Their report indicated that a Las Plagas sample was extracted from Europe and has undergone both biological and genetic modification, creating a more effectively and potentially dangerous bio-weapon.

This modified Las Plagas has been classified by researchers as Type 2 Plagas. The presence of the Type 2 Plagas has been confirmed to be presented in Africa by various intel reports.

Type 2’s initial infect characteristics vary from the original parasite’s infection.

The Las Plagas discovered in Europe were injected into humans during the egg phase. They would then reach maturity within the host body at which point they would assume control of the host’s central nervous system.

With Type 2, infected occurs from a mature parasite. This requires it to enter the host orally, usually by being forced directly into the potential host’s mouth.

The observed result of this type of infection method is one of extreme muscular convulsions and uncontrollable body spasms.

Also of note, whereas the original Las Plagas took anywhere from a few hours to a few days to assimilate a host, Type 2 requires almost zero maturation time. From this point alone, Type 2 is a much more efficient weapon.

Infections of this type have already been witnessed by BSAA operatives currently stations in the area.

Type 2 takes over the central nervous system of infected humans, and incapacitates normal rational thought faculties. The infected host becomes willing subjects to the ones that control them. (However, to maximize their effectiveness as a weapon, the person(s) who command them do not need to possess a control Plaga to do so.)

Hosts retain their intelligence, and the abilities of the host are dependent on the abilities inherent in the human before the infection. This is the same as with the original version of the Las Plagas parasite.

It has been speculated that to raise their proliferation as a weapon, the parasite has been altered so that its hosts will actively infect others to increase their numbers.

According to intel reports, Type 2 hosts are apparently known as Majini to weapons dealers. This word comes from the local language meaning “evil spirit”.

Because the codename Type 2 exists, it is presumed that there are subsequent numbered types (e.g. Type 3 and Type 4). No confirmation of this, however, has been acquired at this time.

Chris Redfield

Listed within this file is a general background information overview of BSAA agent – Chris Redfield – as pieced together from various sources. The information listed here is neither complete nor should it be used as a psychological analysis of the subject. Chris Redfield began his military career in the United States Air Force. Possessing a service record replete with both commendations and disciplinary actions, commanding officers have described Chris as: “uncompromising,” “possessing unwavering dedication,” and having a “high level of adaptability.”

It was those traits that saw Chris earn his wings, but also these same traits that brought him into direct conflict with superiors. Unable to settle these differences, Chris retired from the United States Air Force. After retirement, Chris was scouted by Raccoon City’s special forces (S.T.A.R.S.) because of his superior firearm and hand-to-hand combat skills, along with his qualifications as both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter pilot. Joining the S.T.A.R.S. team, Chris was designated as point man (PM) for Alpha Team. As PM, it was his duty to scout and secure positions ahead of the team. His duties required him not only to be a good shooter and fighter, but also be able to use a wide array of weaponry.

It was this area where he excelled, showing the ability to handle anything from small arms to large weapons and the flexibility to use them as the situation dictated. Chris’s performance with S.T.A.R.S. was exemplary. It appeared that he had finally found his niche. But fate had other plans in mind for Chris. Unbeknownst to him, the next chapter in his story was about to unfold on that fateful night in July 1998.

The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team responding to reports of disappearances in the surrounding areas of Raccoon City, abruptly went radio silent. Alpha Team was sent in to investigate. Shortly after their helicopter touched down, they were attacked by wild ravenous canines (known as the B.O.W. Cerberus), and were forced to take refuge in a nearby mansion. The mansion was in reality the Arklay Research Facility for the pharmaceutical giant Umbrella. It was at this facility that they developed bio-weapons and conducted uncounted illegal experiments. Here Chris and his partner, Jill Valentine, were forced to combat numerous B.O.W.s as part of an active tactical research plan devised by Albert Wesker.

Wesker was the commanding officer of S.T.A.R.S., and therefore Chris and Jill’s superior. Though all his actions were done at the behest of the Umbrella Corporation, Wesker used his rank in S.T.A.R.S. to manipulate Chris and Jill. Wesker unleashed several B.O.W.s into the mansion in order to gather data for his own ends. This tragedy in the Arklay Mountains became known as the Mansion Incident, and ended with Chris and Jill destroying the creature known as Tyrant, the death of Wesker and the destruction of the laboratory. Having survived the incident at the mansion, Chris attempted to notify the authorities regarding Umbrella’s activities, but all his warnings were ignored due to Umbrella’s powerful sway.

Having exhausted this option, he attempted to notify the U.S. government of the situation. This too however, proved fruitless. He knew that taking on such a large corporate entity alone would not be easy, and might in fact prove fatal, but in the end he was left with no other choice. Thus Chris continued his investigation on his own. Without informing his family of his intentions, he soon departed for Europe. Chris wanted to shield his family from any ill effects his investigation might incur, but ironically it brought one of his family members into the fray.

When Claire Redfield was unable to get in contact with her brother, she journeyed to Raccoon City to find him. Upon arrival in the city, she found the area awash with terror brought on by the spread of the T-Virus. In that land of death and confusion, Claire met Leon S. Kennedy, and together they were able to fight their way out of the city. After the Raccoon City ordeal, Claire flew to Paris to investigate Umbrella’s activities in Europe, but she was captured and sent to Rockfort Island. When Chris learned from Leon what had happened to Claire, he made his way to Rockfort Island to free her. It was there that Chris was confronted with many harsh facts.

Umbrella had a research facility in Antarctica. Alexia Ashford was still alive. There was a new virus called T-Veronica. And most surprisingly of all, Albert Wesker was still alive. The man behind the horror of the Mansion Incident, Chris’s former commanding officer, somehow survived the destruction of the Mansion. Once again Chris was unwittingly thrust into one of Wesker’s schemes, and he was forced to face the man whose destiny appeared to be intertwined with his own. Chris was easily overpowered by Wesker’s inhuman strength, but luck was on Chris’s side that day.

In the ensuing conflagration that consumed the island Chris and Wesker’s conflict was put on hold for the time being. With his resolve strengthened Chris determined that no matter at what personal cost to himself, Umbrella would fall. Fast forward to 2003. Chris is in the skies over Russia; his partner, Jill Valentine, by his side. At this point, Umbrella was in dire straits. In the wake of the destruction of Raccoon City, the company became embattled in litigation, and their stock price plummeted. It was only a matter of time before Umbrella collapsed. It was during this time that Chris learned of Umbrella’s plans to develop a new type of B.O.W.

Chris and Jill had obtained information and were headed to the Caucasus Laboratory where the T-A.L.O.S. Plan was being conducted in secret. They were to rendezvous with an anti-bioterrorism unit and attack the location. Not long after this incident, the once seemingly untouchable Umbrella was officially no more. The seed that Umbrella sowed, however, would continue to reap tragedy for the world. B.O.W.s were no longer restricted to areas of conflict, but were now being used in terrorist attacks against innocent civilians. It was at this time that Chris and Jill joined the BSAA, a group dedicated to eliminating those bio-weapons.

The two of them traversed the world together, partners in the fight to bring bio-terrorists to justice. The shadow of Umbrella still loomed large though, as they would soon discover. When Chris and Jill went to question Umbrella’s founder, Ozwell E. Spencer, about Wesker’s whereabouts, they were greeted by the sight of Umbrella’s founder lying crumpled on the floor, and the bloodstained figure of Wesker standing over him. This would be the third confrontation between Chris and Wesker. This time the confrontation ended in tragedy as Jill, seeing no other option, made the ultimate sacrifice to stop Wesker. With one last effort she charged Wesker and threw both herself and him over the side of a cliff. The BSAA searched for Jill’s body for three months, but no trace of her was ever found.

After three months of searching with no success, Jill Valentine was officially declared dead by the BSAA. No one knows what promises Chris made in front of Jill’s empty grave, but following her loss, he redoubled his efforts to eradicate all bio-organic weapons wherever they may be. Initially stationed at BSAA’s North American Branch, his investigations soon took him around the world. He became involved in so many operations that he soon had more missions to his name than any other BSAA member. During one of his investigations, Chris learned of an upcoming bio-weapons deal in Africa in connection with a man named Ricardo Irving. Irving’s name has come up quite often in late in association with bio-weapons smuggling.

After informing the BSAA African Branch about Irving, Chris urgently requested permission to participate in the operation to arrest Irving. As for the reasons he wished to participate in this mission, Chris would not comment. Whether he is withholding information or not is unclear. As one of the most respected BSAA agents, his presence in this operation greatly increases the chances of success, thus his request has been granted.

Sheva Alomar

Listed within this file is a general background information overview of BSAA agent – Sheva Alomar – as pieced together from various sources. The information listed here is neither complete nor should it be used as a psychological analysis of the subject.

Sheva Alomar was born into an impoverished family situation in a small factory town situated in Africa. This particular town being home to Umbrella Plant 57. As with most factory towns, the plant was the lifeblood of the town, bringing in much needed revenue and steady employment for its populous. Almost 80 percent of the town’s adult population was employed at the factory in some facility, including Sheva’s parents. While the pay was low by most nations’ standards, it provided a steady income for the townspeople and a happy childhood for Sheva. This happiness was short-lived however.

While only eight years old, Sheva’s peaceful life was brought to an abrupt end by the sound of sirens erupting from the factory. As the sirens pierced the air, an ominous plume of black smoke poured out of the factory. Even as a child, Sheva knew something was terribly wrong. With dread in her heart she ran toward the factory. Arriving at the factory, she soon discovered the entrance was blocked. In place of the kind old man who used to stand guard at the entrance, strange adults in protective suits were everywhere, their faces hidden by masks. Sheva could not understand what was happening.

“I realized years later that they were wearing anti-biohazard protective gear. They were part of Umbrella’s special forces.”

She may not have understood the muffled voices emanating from beneath those masks at the time, but the assault rifles they levelled at her more than made their intentions understood. The country was not a very stable place to begin with, and near her town resided members of a large anti-government guerrilla army. Although only a child, Sheva knew all too well the violence that often accompanied those with guns. The adults in the village that remained were promptly executed by these gunmen. Sheva was spared this same fate thanks to the vigilance of a neighbour who was able to get her back to her parent’s home unnoticed.

Thus began the longest night of Sheva’s life. Crippled by fear, she could only wait and pray for her parents return. The night passed and a new day dawned, but still they did not return. As night on another day fell she sensed a presence outside her home. Unable to contain her relief and joy, she ran to the door to greet her parents. As she swung the door open, crying aloud with joy, she was soon met with disappointment and confusion. For at the door, were not her parents rushing to embrace her, but her uncle, with a look of shock and horror painted upon his face. His words crushed any nope she had left…

“Your parents are dead. There was an accident at the factory.”

Taking anything of value left in the house, her uncle then took Sheva to live with his family. Taking her away from the only home she had ever known. Her life with her uncle would be brief. Not only was her uncle’s family extremely poor, but he also had seven children of his own to care for. Even though Sheva was a blood relative, he probably never would have come for her if he hadn’t thought he would receive financial compensation from the factory. That compensation never came. Umbrella never gave out any payments. And soon, her aunt and uncle were unable to feed her.

Life was hell for Sheva, not only was she on the verge of starvation, she yearned to be with her parents again. In her grief, she became fixed on the notion that they were still alive. As the days passed, this belief grew so strong to the point where she could think of nothing else. She knew she had to find them. So one night as the moon bathed the savannah in silver, Sheva ran away from her uncle’s house and headed back to her hometown and the life that was stolen from her. The thought of her parents drove her on. But the expansive savannah is a harsh environment for one so young and small. During her second night, she began to feel the effects of malnutrition. Unable to find food, Sheva soon collapsed.

A night in the savannah is not a quiet affair. The sounds of animals plodding along, beasts howling at the moon, insects chirping and buzzing about, and the dry wind soughing through the grass. Sheva considered them all with wonder. She had grown up in a town and was unaccustomed to her new surroundings. Through the cacophony of strange noises, Sheva picked up a sound that was quite familiar to her. She heard the low rumbling of an engine and the sound of tires cracking over the dirt. A truck pulled up next to Sheva and a stranger got out of the passenger side and spoke to her. If she replied to him or not, she couldn’t recall, but the man picked her up and placed her in the bed of the truck.

The man that found Sheva was an anti-government guerrilla fighter. He provided her with food, shelter, and a place to call home. Unfortunately for Sheva, this good turn was accompanied by some bad news. She was told that the incident at the Umbrella factory was not an accident. That the factory manufactured bio-weapons and Umbrella was carrying out the final test on one of its newest weapons at the dilapidated factory. The regular employees who worked there were unaware of what Umbrella was actually creating, and they paid for it with their lives, including Sheva’s mother and father…

After concluding the test, Umbrella took measures to conceal the entire affair. With the assistance of the government’s army they destroyed the factory along with the entire town, effectively wiping the town Sheva had called home off the map. At this news Sheva was filled with rage. She hated Umbrella and blamed them for her parents’ deaths, and she hated the government for just rolling over at Umbrella’s behest. It was at this moment she decided to join the guerrillas in their fight against the government. Sheva started out by doing laundry, cooking meals, and taking care of other chores.

After only a few years with the guerrillas, she was given her first gun. She doesn’t like to talk about her time with the guerrillas. Perhaps the memories are too painful, or maybe she’s too ashamed of what she did there. One of her main duties with the guerrillas was to go into town and purchase supplies for the group. For seven long years Sheva stayed with the guerrillas. By this time she was a teenager, and had spent most of her known life with the guerrillas. Perhaps due to her age, when she went into town, the townspeople never suspected her of being a guerrilla fighter. It could be for this very reason that she was the one they sent.

It was on one of these occasions while she was in town that a man approached her. He looked like a local, but spoke with a strange foreign accent. Handing her a piece of paper and speaking in a hurried voice, he stated: “Read this. If you believe what it says, come to the church in the back alley in two hours.”

After speaking these words he disappeared into the crowd as quickly as he had appeared. Sheva turned the paper over in her hand, and her eyes were drawn to one word – Umbrella. It was the same pharmaceutical company whose selfish aims took her parents from her. If that incident had never happened, perhaps her life would have been different. The message on the paper said that the guerrillas were planning on using bio-weapons to conduct a large-scale terrorist attack that would overthrow the government. Umbrella was going to make a deal with the guerrillas to provide them with the bio-weapons. The man wanted Sheva’s help in stopping the deal from going through.

At first Sheva thought it was a government trap, but deep down she knew the note spoke the truth. When asked how she knew, she had this to say: “My country was strongly influenced by France, and many government officials spoke in a French patois. But this man was different. I couldn’t place his accent at the time, but somehow I knew I could trust him.”

Sheva followed her instincts. She went to the church and met two men there. One of them had given her the note earlier. The other wore a suit with no tie and said that he was from the U.S. government. What the man in the suit wanted seemed straightforward enough – the apprehension of the representative from Umbrella. From what he said, this particular person held the key to causing an irreparable blow to Umbrella. But in order to arrest him, they needed Sheva’s help. As long as they got their man, they wouldn’t do anything to her or her fellow guerrillas.

Even if they did not succeed in arresting the man in question, they promised not to turn her or her companions over to the authorities. The man in the suit’s offer seemed credible. But could she betray those who had been like a family to her? The man seemed to understand Sheva’s apprehension, so he asked her one simple question: “Don’t you want to see Umbrella punished for what they’ve done?”

Sheva quickly nodded her head.

“That’s why we selected you. But if you want to help us fight Umbrella, then you are going to have to leave your so-called friends.”

“And then what? What’s in it for me?”

“Look around! You know these guerrillas you are with aren’t doing this for some greater good. They’ll do anything to topple the government, including things you know are wrong. Help us, and you can finally do some good for the people of your country.”

“And what makes you think a 15-year-old girl can help?”

“Some day you’ll learn that age matters very little. A person’s life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make. You have the chance to fight for something here that goes beyond just you, something that affects the entire world. Can you really walk away when so much is at stake?”

Sheva would never forget these words…

Three days later the special forces team arrived at the location where the deal was taking place. Sheva had left the door to the building unlocked, and she wore a wire so the team on standby could hear what was taking place. The operation was a success. The target from Umbrella was quickly apprehended and taken away. Sheva and the guerrillas were taken to the American Consulate, there to be released two days later with no charges pressed, just as promised. Recognizing Sheva’s abilities, or perhaps moved by pity, the man in the suit offered Sheva the chance to start life anew in America. With nothing left in Africa for her, Sheva decided to take him up on his offer.

Shortly after arriving in America, Sheva’s high intelligence and drive quickly became apparent. She surpassed any and all expectations, even learning English to a native level in a mere six months. Within two years of arriving in the U.S. she had enrolled at a university. After graduating with high honours from her university, her legal guardian (the man in the suit) suggested that she join the newly formed BSAA to help others as she had been helped. Umbrella had already been dismantled many years prior, but Sheva had not let go of her hatred toward them and all others like them.

After completing basic training, she was assigned to the unit led by Josh Stone. There she trained with his unit for eight months, learning everything she would need to know to survive in the field. After the completion of her training, she was handpicked up become a BSAA agent. She is currently involved in operations throughout the world.

Ricardo Irving

According to official records, Ricardo Irving is overseer of the oil refinery owned by Tricell Africa Division’s resource Development Department. Crude and arrogant, he possesses an insatiable desire for the accumulation of wealth. It is these traits along with his unique resourcefulness that have most likely made him Tricell’s ideal agent in dealings with selling B.O.W.s to black market individuals. The money gained from these dealings is then invested by Tricell Africa back into their bio-weapons research and development. The demonstration of those weapons for clients act as operational tests. Given the degree of Irving’s involvement, it is believed that he is one of only a handful of people that know the full extent of Tricell’s bio-weapons business.

Irving’s activities and their connection to Tricell, however, have been carefully kept under wraps. Adding to the misdirection is the fact that he is officially employed with the Resource Development Division and not the Pharmaceutical Division that sponsors the BSAA. Tricell is a conglomerate comprised of shipping, natural resources development, and pharmaceuticals. Each division runs on its own capital, and, as such, could all be considered separate entities under one parent company. Also of note are the divisions that exist between each of Tricell’s branch offices.

When the BSAA learned of Irving’s latest deal, they viewed it as illicit activity conducted on his own and without support from Tricell. BSAA’s mission, therefore, was not to fight biological weapons, but to apprehend a smuggler involved in an illicit deal. Irving was able to exploit that misconception to the fullest. Irving was informed of the BSAA’s mission, and changed the location of the deal to a mine outside of the Kijuju Autonomous Zone (KAZ). When a BSAA team arrived at what they thought was the deal’s location inside the KAZ, they walked into a trap. Before the team even arrived, the improved version of Las Plagas was released upon the populace of the town, transforming most of them into Majini.

This intel was acquired by Alpha Team and later confirmed by the data recovered by the backup team (Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar) prior to Irving’s deal. It appears that a sample of the Uroboros Virus was also released upon Alpha Team’s arrival and was responsible for the termination of Dan DeChant’s team. Irving did not take into account that the Uroboros would be engaged and defeated by Agents Redfield and Alomar, nor that a hard disk and its data would be seized. The data obtained from the hard disk allowed the two agents to proceed to the actual location of Irving’s transaction – the mine. When confronted with the reality that his plan had failed, Irving was forced to take the following actions.

First, he contacted his partners in the transaction and requested to delay the deal. After which point, he went to the mine to retrieve any documents and materials relevant to the transaction. It was at this point that Redfield and Alomar found him. However, it was obvious that he had a backup plan for just such a contingency. Irving escaped thanks to the help of a hooded figure he had on standby. The two agents were left to deal with Popokarimu (a bat-based B.O.W.) that was originally intended to be used in the transaction. It is thought that Irving released this B.O.W. on the agents in retaliation for disrupting the transaction and not to aid in his escape.

It was becoming apparent by this point, that Irving’s mental stability was in question. Whether his irrational behaviour was brought on by the interference of the agents or if the increased stress only brought out his true tendencies is unknown. Irving’s situation, however, would digress even further. After escaping from the mine, he was soon discovered by Captain Josh Stone’s Delta Team inside the KAZ. In order to escape Irving unleashed Ndesu (confirmed to be based on the El Gigante B.O.W. used in Europe). The frustration of losing two large, valuable B.O.W.s in such short succession must have been keenly felt by the avaricious Irving.

After reaching the conclusion that there was nothing more he could do, Irving plotted to escape with his accumulated wealth, but he was soon overtaken by the hooded figure, who provided him a vial containing Las Plagas. This was to be his punishment for failure. He was to administer this on himself in order to fight the two agents. This vial contained a Las Plagas variant known as a control Plaga. According to BSAA intel, the use of the control Plaga has been documented by Leon S. Kennedy in Europe. The control Plaga differs from the common form in that it does not take over a host’s rational thought process. Another difference being that it causes extreme transformations to the host. As such, control Plaga hosts must resign themselves to never being able to live as a normal human again.

In a last-ditch effort, Irving detonated the oil refinery, but unfortunately for him the refinery was virtually dry at the time thus limiting the size of the explosion. This hope was that he could destroy all incriminating evidence and kill Agents Redfield and Alomar so he would not have to resort to using the control Plaga. Irving was left with no choice but to administer the injection to himself, at which point he underwent an immense and rapid transformation. But even the power he gained from that transformation did not avail him, and he met his end at the hands of the two agents.

Ndipaya Tribe

The Ndipaya reside in unique wooden structures in the wetlands. Their advanced architectural techniques are used throughout the world to repair and maintain many damaged ancient ruins.

This is how the world at large knows of the Ndipaya.

But the Ndipaya possess a secret that they do not wish to share with the rest of the world: That the ancient ruins on the Ndipaya Kingdom reside beneath their land.

In ancient times, the surrounding lands were all under the control of the sovereign Ndipaya Kingdom and the city of ruins was the seat of that monarch.

Special attention should be given to the way the sovereign was chosen.

While the Ndipaya did have a monarchy, the king was not decided by birthright, but by the abilities and qualities that he displayed during a certain required ceremony. This ceremony employed a special plant that grew in the Sun Garden residing in the deepest area of the royal city.

This plant was known as the Stairway to the Sun.

The Stairway to the Sun was an extremely poisonous plant, and its effects were fatal if consumed. Though some individuals possessed a natural resistance to the poison.

The Ndipaya people believed that a man who could prevail against the poison was destined to become king.

(Vestiges of this ceremony are still carried out once a year by the Ndipaya for the continual peace of their ancestors’ spirits.)

Even with a natural resistance, finding an individual that could survive the ingestion of the powerful poison was a rarity. It is said by the Ndipaya people that one such man reigned as king for hundreds of years. Whether this legend has any validity to it cannot be ascertained at present.

What is known is that this once flourishing kingdom fell into decline and was eventually abandoned by the Ndipaya people.

It is not known what made the Ndipaya abandon their city for the wetlands. Any information regarding these matters comes from oral traditions and hearsay, which obviously calls into question the validity of this information.

What is known though, is that after leaving the city, the Ndipaya viewed it as sacred ground, and vowed to keep its existence hidden from the outsiders.

All Ndipaya males between the ages of thirteen and twenty-five are required to spend two years in the city to guard and protect it.

It is through their continued vigilance that this great city’s existence has been kept undisclosed by the outside world.

There was, however, one instance of outsiders discovering their secret city. In the 1960s, a corporation went into the sacred city to find the plant used in their ceremonies and to take it by force.

The Ndipaya fiercely resisted this incursion into their land. In times of peace the Ndipaya are builders of great renown, but when the need for war arises, they can become stout warriors. This adaptability is the essence of the Ndipaya.

Their physical prowess in battle was their greatest weapon, and they used it to fight bravely. But they were overwhelmed by the enemy’s technological advances.

(During this time, many of the Ndipaya youths consumed the plant in an effort to fight off the invaders.)

In the end, the Ndipaya were forced to cede the area of the Sun Garden and beyond to the corporations control.

But the Ndipaya have not yet given up hope of one day reclaiming their sacred land and returning it to its former glory.


U-8 is the name of the B.O.W. born from a weapons development project involving Las Plagas.

The creature is comprised of the refined DNA of multiple organisms, specifically the DNA of shelled organisms. The alterations to this aspect of the creature is reflected in its dark coloring.

The carapace has an unparalleled durability, and was shown to be resistant to a direct hit from RPGs in tests.

This gigantic creature has another special feature in its design.

U-8 is some tens of meters tall, and its pincer legs are over three meters in length, which it uses as a weapon in close combat. These pincer attacks are not especially quick, but they are powerful enough to pierce the armour of a tank.

Flying B.O.W.s reside in the part of the U-8’s abdomen originally intended for the maturation of eggs in an unaltered specimen. These flying B.O.W.s are not larval U-8s, but completely different creatures entirely.

In a close-quarter, one-on-one fight, U-8 is an overwhelmingly powerful adversary, but when it has to combat more than one opponent, its large size becomes somewhat of a liability.

Its considerate bulk also makes it vulnerable to long-range attacks. To compensate for this weakness, it uses the flying B.O.W.s in much the same way an aircraft carrier uses jet fighters.

Some would consider U-8 an impeccable fighting machine, but it does have its flaws.

U-8’s size can be a detriment because it requires massive amounts of sustenance to maintain functionality. As such, U-8 is not suitable for long-term assignments.

According to Tricell’s business information, U-8 is most effective as security for a facility or when used in attacks of limited time.

(Before it can be used in an offensive attack, consideration must be given to the means of transporting U-8 to the destination.)

Also, U-8 is designed to reach a large size very rapidly, and this breeds imperfections in its carapace. These imperfections are limited to a certain area of the carapace, but a direct attack on this area will severely damage U-8.

Even with these flaws, U-8’s functionality, combat effectiveness, and relative ease to control have made it popular in the bio weapons market.

Records indicate that Ricardo Irving has sold a multitude of both the original U-8 and the upgraded version, U-8 Prime (which has a multi-layered carapace for extra defence, along with a shell covering its formerly exposed areas).

There were plans at one point to design a lighter, faster U-8 that could maintain functionality for longer periods of time, but this would result in a significant downgrade in its defensive capabilities. This plan appears to have been scrapped.

Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar reported imperfections in the carapace of the U-8 they faced, so it is suspected that it was one of the original models.

Note that the “U” in U-8 does not stand for “Uroboros” but for “Ultimate.”


Tricell is a conglomerate organization comprised of shipping, natural resources development, and pharmaceutical divisions. Tricell’s history dates back to the period known as the Age of Exploration. The forbearer to Tricell was Travis Trading, a company owned by the wealthy European merchant Thomas Travis. This company profited greatly from expansive trading with the Orient, and laid the groundwork for what would become Tricell’s shipping division. Travis Trading entered the 19th century as a profitable trading venture. In the 1800s, Henry Travis, the youngest of seven siblings, invested much of his own fortune into the exploration of Africa.

During this period, the exploits of explorers like David Livingstone were creating quite a stir in the newspapers of the day. Henry’s expedition was inspired by these accounts, and his decision was to have a great impact on Travis Trading’s future. Henry made five expeditions to the African continent in order to explore all of its regions. The extensive funds of the Travis family allowed him to continue his research into Africa even through times when results were not forthcoming. After his fifth and final expedition in Africa, Henry Travis returned to his home country a full 34 years after he had first left it.

Henry compiled the records of his expeditions into an impressive 72-volume set entitled “Survey of Natural History.” These books covered everything from animals, plants, insects, minerals, and topography to the native inhabitants and their cultures, histories, and traditions. These books also contained extensive records detailing the folklore of various peoples throughout the continent. These tomes were a veritable encyclopaedia of the African continent. It is now believed that head of Travis Trading at that time (Henry’s eldest brother) purposely spread the rumour that Henry’s books were nothing more than fiction. The thought being that he did this because he wanted Travis Trading to be the only company that could exploit the information contained within those books.

Of particular interest was the topographical information contained in volumes 17 through 24. By the end of the 19th Century, Travis Trading had begun to exploit the mineral resources of Africa. All over the continent, the company was mining for precious metals and discovering/developing oil and natural gas fields. Meanwhile, the company’s profits continued to soar. These operations formed the basis of Tricell’s natural resources development division. Travis Trading built a firm foothold in Africa, and beginning in the mid-20th century, they had begun to actively collect samples of plants, animals, and insects. Henry’s books were instrumental in guiding these endeavours.

The collected specimens were used in pharmaceutical research, and before long that research brought commercial success and the subsequent founding of Tricell’s pharmaceuticals division. Travis Trading was the basis for the shipping division. The natural resources development division was born from the information contained in Henry’s journals. The specimens obtained from the African fauna were used to create the independent pharmaceutical division. By the 1960s, these three divisions of Travis Trading were firmly established, and they formed a conglomerate under the name Tricell.

The Travis family, however, were not the only ones privy to the knowledge of Henry’s journals. Umbrella’s founder, Ozwell E. Spencer, was interested in them for the folklore recorded therein. Of particular interest were the accounts of the Ndipaya’s rituals. Spencer hypothesized that the flower used in their rituals held significance, and this ultimately led to the discovery of the Progenitor virus.

Jill Valentine

Listed within this file is a general background information overview of former S.T.A.R.S. agent – Jill Valentine – as pieced together from various sources. The information listed here is neither complete nor should it be used as a psychological analysis of the subject.

When a crisis situation arises, few soldiers excel to the level of Jill Valentine. She is proficient in the use of various firearms, is a master at lock picking, and is skilled in the disposal of explosives. Jill’s talents make her an integral component of any fighting force. Like Chris Redfield, Jill was a member of the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team. She was also involved in the tragedy at the Arklay Research Facility (also known as the “Mansion Incident”). During the incident, Jill and Chris operated independently, but together discovered the truth behind the facility. They learned that Barry Burton was not really a traitor, but was being controlled by Albert Wesker, Captain of Alpha Team. In addition to Wesker’s machinations, they also learned the source of the zombie outbreak was due to the release of the T-Virus, and that Umbrella was more than just an ordinary pharmaceutical company.

What Jill learned at the Arklay Research Facility would have profound repercussions on the rest of her life. Following their return from the mansion, Chris and Jill attempted to inform the authorities of Umbrella’s activities. For all their good intentions, they were met with no movement towards any official investigation into the company. Fed up with the lack of response, the two took it upon themselves to investigate Umbrella. They concentrated their efforts on Umbrella’s main base of operations in Europe. As a S.T.A.R.S. member entrusted with protecting Raccoon City, Jill chose to remain in the city for the time being and investigate the Umbrella research facility there before rendezvousing with Chris in Europe.

This decision led to her involvement in the Raccoon City incident. During her investigation, rodents infected with the T-Virus from the Arklay Research Facility began to spread the virus into the city. The virus quickly spread, infecting a majority of the residents. Umbrella, the perpetrators behind this incident, reacted swiftly. Umbrella sent in the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (U.B.C.S.) to handle the situation, and they also dispatched the bio-weapon Nemesis T-Type to take out any surviving S.T.A.R.S. members, who Umbrella now considered a threat. Jill attempted to escape from Raccoon City all the while being hunted by the Nemesis T-Type. During this time she encountered a member of the U.B.C.S. team, Carlos Oliveira.

Carlos claimed his team was on a rescue mission to save any survivors in Raccoon City. Having no reason to doubt that mission’s purpose, he proposed to help Jill escape. Jill, on the other hand, had her doubts. However, the situation had reached critical proportions and Jill did not have the luxury of time. The U.S. government was planning on containing the spread of the virus by launching a special missile strike on the city called Operation: Bacillus Terminate. When Jill became infected with the T-Virus as a result of the nemesis T-Type, she despaired of ever being able to get out alive. Fortunately for her, Carlos was there to help. Carlos obtained a cue to the T-Virus infection and gave it to Jill. After her recovery, she worked with Carlos and they successfully escaped from Raccoon City.

In 2003, after Operation: T-A.L.O.S., Jill and Chris became two of the original eleven founding members of the BSAA, and joined them in their fight against bio weapons and bio terrorism around the world. Chris and Jill stopped bio weapons in Asia, destroyed bio weapon labs in South America, arrested smugglers in Europe, and patrolled the world in an attempt to stamp out all bio weapons. Throughout their activities, while they may have suspected the long fingers of Umbrella as being involved, they never had any conclusive proof.

Those long fingers, however, would turn out to be connected to the hands of Umbrella’s founder, Ozwell E. Spencer. The pair received intel on Spencer’s whereabouts and rushed off to arrest him only to find their former Captain and hated enemy, Albert Wesker. Seeing Spencer’s crumpled corpse on the ground, the two changed their plans to arrest Wesker instead. In a two-on-one fight, Chris and Jill should have had the advantage, but Wesker’s strength and agility were well beyond that of any normal human. For all their training, Jill and Chris were no match for Wesker. As Wesker was about to end Chris’s life, Jill made the ultimate sacrifice. Lunging at Wesker, she threw both herself and him out of a window, and over the side of a cliff. Chris could do nothing as he watched his partner fall to her death.

BSAA launched a full-scale search operation, but neither Jill’s body nor any of her personal effects were ever recovered. On November 23, 2006, Jill Valentine was officially declared dead, and her name was added to the list of BSAA members who died in the line of duty. But Jill’s story did not end there. The fall did not kill Jill nor Wesker. Though badly hurt and unconscious, Jill was saved by Wesker. After giving her the medical treatment she required, he placed her in a cryogenic sleep. Once the Uroboros Plan was finalized, Wesker intended to use her as the first test subject. This was Wesker’s way of exacting his revenge.

Fortunately for Jill, luck was on her side. The apparatus monitoring her vital signs detected some abnormalities. Something was happening inside Jill’s body, and Wesker’s curiosity was piqued. Further investigation showed that a mutated from of the T-Virus was still inside her body. It was a remnant from her infection in Raccoon City. The cure she was given was supposed to have eradicated all traces of the virus in her body, but instead it caused the virus to go into a dormant state. Her extended period in a cryogenic sleep somehow reactivated the virus. Shortly after being reactivated the T-Virus completely disappeared from her body, but it left something else in its place. Wesker found that Jill’s body now contained powerful antibodies to the virus.

All those years the T-Virus was inside her body forced it to develop a defence system that was nothing short of miraculous. This discovery would help further Wesker’s ambitions. The development of the Uroboros Virus, the centerpiece of the Uroboros Plan, had proven to be quite difficult. The Uroboros Virus developed from the Progenitor flower proved to be too poisonous to humans to be of much use. Instead of spurring the next step in human evolution, it only invited death. Wesker theorized that using Jill’s antibodies could make the virus less poisonous. He kept Jill alive solely to produce antibodies for his research.

Jill, who had reviled bio-weapons and devoted her life to eradicating them, was ironically being used to develop the most terrible bio-weapon of all. After much research and experimentation, Wesker finally perfected the Uroboros Virus. Jill’s participation in its development meant that she was no longer a suitable test subject. Pure and unadulterated antibodies with high resistance to the virus permeated her body. Wesker decided he would find a suitable use for her elsewhere. During the research into the Progenitor virus, an ancillary chemical was discovered. The researchers referred to it as simply – P30. When administered to test subjects, it would not only give them superhuman strength, but also rendered them highly susceptible to control.

P30 was the ultimate performance enhancer. The aims of the Uroboros Plan were to create a new breed of humans, so P30’s application in this plan was inconsequential. However, for the time being it could be marketed as a product and garner additional funding. Research into creating the ultimate soldier who didn’t resist orders was carried out simultaneously on Las Plagas and P30. Unfortunately, the latter had a severe drawback. The effects of P30 would only last for a very short time. An injection of P30 was metabolized and expelled by the body at an expeditious rate requiring re administration of the drug at frequent intervals. This greatly lessened the viability of such a product as a long-term performance enhancer. The only counter to such a drawback was to attach a device to the subject that would continually administer the drug.

While P30’s effects were brief, it was still a powerful and effective drug. The effects of continual administration were untested, so in order to research this aspect further an administration device was attached to Jill. An external device was attached to Jill’s chest that would continually administer the drug to her body. With her freewill constantly being usurped, she remained a servant to Excella and Wesker until Chris and Sheva destroyed the administration device.

Excella Gionne

The Gionne family is well known and respected throughout Europe for their successful export-important business. Her grandmother being from the Travis family, the founders of Tricell, has endowed Excella with quite a noble and storied lineage. Blessed with model-like beauty and raised in such an aristocratic family has led her being haughty towards those around her, especially men.

But it was neither Excella’s looks or family background that got her to where she is today.

Gifted with a keen intellect and inheriting her father’s business acumen, Excella quickly breezed through school and enrolled in a university at a young age. There she majored in genetic engineering, and her talents were recognized by her grandmother’s family. With her connections she was able to enter Tricell’s pharmaceutical division at the age of eighteen.

Although she was a gifted member of Tricell’s founding family, she was still a Gionne, an offshoot of the famed Travis family. Even with all the research teams at Tricell’s disposal, she was only given one.

Excella viewed this act as a slight.

While steel feeling indignant over this affront, she was approached by Albert Wesker.

Wesker’s interest in Excella was piqued by her intelligence and character. It was at this time he provided her with all the information he had concerning the T-Virus and other research. Excella was now armed with the tools to make the advances to her career that she desired.

She used the information and technology she obtained from Wesker to advance Tricell’s bio-weapons division exponentially.

In a fortunate turn for Tricell, Umbrella, who had previously dominated the weapons market, had gone bankrupt, greatly increasing Tricell’s sway in this area.

Thanks to Excella’s efforts in expanding Tricell’s market share, she was given more of a voice within the company. Before long, she was making key decisions that would affect the fortunes of the pharmaceutical division.

That was precisely as Wesker had intended.

Excella then set her sights on the position of CEO of the Tricell Africa Division. Her adroit use of flattery and intimidation soon landed her that powerful position.

It is now believed that it was Wesker who suggested Excella take over Tricell Africa. He exploited her romantic interest in him, and was able to use both her and Tricell Africa to further his Uroboros Plan.

Excella’s first order of business as Tricell Africa’s CEO was to restore the abandoned Umbrella Africa Research Facility. As the facility where research on the Progenitor virus had been carried out, its use in the completion of the Uroboros Plan was vital.

Following the facility’s restoration, Ricardo Irving was employed to sell bio-weapons in order to secure funding for the research being carried out on the Uroboros Virus.

As the Uroboros Plan was neared completion, Excella began to fancy herself as the queen in the new world order that would follow the plan’s execution. Unfortunately for her, those dreams were dashed when the man that was to be her king injected her with the Uroboros Virus.

Albert Wesker

The Mansion Incident. The tragedy at Raccoon City. Rockfort Island, Umbrella’s Antarctic Research Facility, and the Umbrella Caucasus Research Facility in Russia. The kidnapping of the U.S. president’s daughter. One man was involved either directly or indirectly with each and every one of these incidents – Albert Wesker.

The motivation behind all of Wesker’s actions can be found in this current incident in Africa.

Wesker had already obtained samples of various organisms and viruses including the T-Virus, the G-Virus, the T-Veronica virus, and Las Plagas. All of these were eagerly and enthusiastically received by Umbrella’s former rival companies who compensated him greatly for each. With wealth, power, and glory, Wesker appeared to have everything a person could ever want.

Wesker, however, was not interested in material gains.

An all too familiar sense of trepidation continued to gnaw at him. The source of this uneasiness being Umbrella’s founder, Ozwell E. Spencer.

During his time at Umbrella, Wesker could never ascertain what Spencer’s true intentions were. Spencer’s extensive funding of B.O.W research was unheard of in the field.

The whole reason for producing bio-weapons was that it could be done relatively and inexpensively when combined with a normal weapons delivery system.

Spencer’s extreme investment in B.O.W.s seemed unnecessary. Why would Spencer need such B.O.W.s in the first place? To find the answer to that question, Wesker joined Umbrella’s Information Department.

Even after the downfall of Umbrella, these doubts continued to haunt Wesker.

To find the answers he needed, Wesker began to search out Spencer. The only problem was that before Umbrella’s dissolution, Spencer had removed himself from Umbrella’s day-to-day operations. Wesker had to use every resource at his disposal – all his time, money, and connections. Eventually, he ascertained Spencer’s long-hidden whereabouts.

On the first night of autumn, as thunder and lightning raged in the skies above, Wesker arrived at the ancient castle in Europe where Spencer resided. Wesker expected the old man to be surprised by his presence, but instead the withered old eyes of Spencer light up with dark delight as he spoke:

“You’re back…”

The words were barely audible amidst his cough-racked laugh.

If Wesker had his doubts about Spencer before, he didn’t know what to make of him now. He only knew at that moment that this seemingly feeble old man had been in control of everything that had transpired at Umbrella. Even Wesker’s own actions through the years had been controlled and manipulated by this decrepit old man.

With this sudden realization, Wesker now knew the source of his anxiety for all those years. Appearing to read Wesker’s thoughts, Spencer laid out everything to him.

The development of bio-organic weapons was only a means of achieving his true goal – the forced evolution of mankind via viruses.

It would be the end of the current form of humanity and the bird of a new superior human race. With this new race, he would build upon his Utopia, with himself as a god on Earth.

In order to realize this dream, he required three things.

1. The Progenitor Virus. Without this key component, his dreams would be no more than abstract ideas. Once he discovered the Progenitor virus, he had the foundation on which all his subsequent plans would be built.

2. The Umbrella Corporation The manufacture of bio-weapons was the perfect method of conducting his research on the Progenitor virus. Any profits gained through Umbrella’s research were secondary to his true goal.

The third thing that Spencer needed in his grand vision was Wesker himself. Spencer knew what was required for his Utopia. He also knew he would need a new human race. But what would that new breed of humans be like?

The Progenitor virus would spur natural selection upon the population. That was the fundamental premise behind Spencer’s plan. But if the new breed of humans brought about by this selection process were unwilling to share in his vision, then there would be unwanted complications.

This forced stage of human evolution would give the surviving humans increased strength and intelligence, but it would not affect a person’s knowledge, logic, or general character. If any indolent or unsavoury individuals survived to be a part of the new race, it would be a blight on Spencer’s Utopia.

Spencer was not about to have his vision stained, so he enacted a plan to ensure that would not happen.

This plan was called the Wesker Plan, which was named after the chief researcher at the time. According to this plan, hundreds of children born of parents of superior intellect from all nationalities would be collected.

If their knowledge, logic, and self-will could not be altered by genetic manipulation, then Spencer himself would instil his values into these children by whatever means he deemed necessary.

These children were all given the surname Wesker, and after competition of their indoctrination/manipulation, they were placed into select controlled environments in various locations around the world, ever under Umbrella’s watchful eye.

The children themselves were to be kept unaware they were being monitored. With Umbrella’s concealed aid they all received the best education available in the fields they pursued.

After a few years, one child who showed particular promise was sent to Umbrella’s Training Facility in Raccoon City. This Wesker child’s name was Albert.

Spencer was quite pleased by all of Albert’s actions, and if the other Wesker children were like him, Spencer would have nothing but quality individuals for his new race of humanity.

Spencer then enacted the second phase of his plan.

All the Wesker children would be administered an experimental virus.

This virus was administrated to screen out the more gifted of the Wesker children. Some took the virus on the recommendation of a friend; others were given the virus as part of their medical treatment; still others had it forcibly administered to them.

Albert Wesker was no different. His partner, William Birkin, gave him the experimental virus, and he administered it to himself.

This screening process turned out to be a little too selective.

Most of the Wesker children died, leaving only a few survivors. Albert Wesker was one of those survivors, and he disappeared shortly after.

Spencer was unconcerned by this development. There was a failsafe device attached to every Wesker – Spencer’s existence.

This was the discomfort Albert had felt throughout his life. All Wesker children were programmed to seek Spencer out, which manifested itself as a growing anxiety within each of the subjects. Just as Spencer had predicted, Albert soon came to him.

Unfortunately, Spencer had made one miscalculation. His failsafe only worked for as long as it remained a mystery. As soon as the mystery was revealed, Wesker no longer had a need to restrain himself. All that was impeding Wesker was a feeble old man on death’s doorstep.

“The right to be a god… That right is now mine.”

With these words, Wesker broke from the shackles that Spencer had laid on him.

It was only random chance that brought his former subordinates Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine to Spencer’s mansion at that exact time, but Wesker took it as a sign.

The weak would always resist the will of the chosen.

With renewed purpose, Wesker reflected on his own evolution and the evolution of the human race. After the incident at the Spencer estate, he went underground and used the news of his death to veil his activities. He had achieved his goal of obtained the virus and capital he needed from his position at Umbrella.

Next he put all of his efforts into brining his Uroboros Plan to fruition, and thereby setting himself up as a god over the new generation of humanity.

Related Articles

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger