Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive is proud to announce that over 5 million players have dared to enter the deep waters of Maneater, the award-winning Action-RPG where you play as a shark (aka shARkPG).
To celebrate this milestone, Tripwire is launching a free ray tracing update today. Built from the ground up for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 systems, this update brings the Gulf Coast to life by enhancing the realism and appearance of real-time reflections on the surface of the water as well as the refractions above when looking up from below.
In addition to adding ray tracing support for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, today’s Maneater update also delivers a wide array of quality-of-life and optimization improvements designed to improve stability and performance across all platforms, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S console systems. You can find the full patch notes for today’s update on the official Maneater forum.
Some of the updates include:
- Fix for the “Keep Out!” gate in Fawtick Bayou being closed based on localization
- Expand out Entitlement changes across all platforms that were previously included for EGS players in the previous hotfix
- Fixed VO issue with the Shannon Sims bounty hunter intro
- Fix for progression blockers being affected by localization settings. Including around the Sonar or Later objective
- The team is still working on the achievements and trophies for PS5 not being properly unlocked for all players and hope to address it in a future update.
At the time of its release, we awarded Maneater a 9.5 /10 review score, praising it for its hilarious pseudo-documentary tone and satisfyingly visceral combat and gameplay.
Maneater is out now for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows. You can check out some updated screenshots that featured the newly upgraded ray tracing support below.