Today developer IllFonic announced that Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, a 4v1 hunt or haunt action-packed asymmetrical multiplayer game, will be available for pre-order starting on August 18th, at 8 a.m. PDT. The latest game from IllFonic will launch just in time for the Halloween season on Tuesday, October 18th, on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store.
In a press release from today, the CEO of IllFonic, Charles Brungardt said:
The reaction from fans of Ghostbusters has blown us away. Putting a date on and opening up preorders for Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed feels like an out-of-body experience, and we cannot wait for everyone to feel the same sensation on Tuesday, October 18th.
In the game, players can form a team with up to three other Ghostbusters to track down Ghosts haunting a number of locales. You will sniff out paranormal activity with the P.K.E. Meter and charge it to unleash a short-range pulse disabling Ghost movement. You can also reveal hidden rifts acting as the Ghost’s spawn points and teleportation portals, and destroy them. You can also use the powerful Particle Throwers to capture the Ghost, deploy a trap, and wrangle them into it before they escape.
Meanwhile, the Ghost works alone, roaming around stages like the Museum, an abandoned Prison, and other spooky locations, including a new one to be revealed at Gamescom on 8/23.
- Explore the iconic Firehouse, a familiar home base filled with new and recognizable characters alike, before departing on a mission with any combo of friends, random matchmaking, and/or AI bots online or offline in solo mode
- Personalize your Ghostbuster’s equipment at the workbench and test out the changes with some target practice in the neighboring alley
- Frighten civilians to scare them away
- Possess objects to raise the overall Global Haunt percentage to regain ghost power or just cause mass hysteria.
- Use slime to temporarily stun Ghostbusters
- Move the rifts to keep them guessing, summon minions to make an escape, and show the Ghostbusters they should be afraid of this Ghost!
- Visit Ray’s Occult Books to enter the spectral realm and customize the Ghost’s loadout, skin, and various otherworldly options.
Pre-orders for Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed start on Thursday, August 18th on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store.
You can also watch the official announcement trailer below.