In a recent post on PlayStation.Blog, officially announced the development of the Death Stranding Director’s Cut, an expanded and remastered edition of the acclaimed title that will launch in September for the PlayStation 5.
Death Stranding Director’s Cut is packed with a ton of new content and enhanced gameplay features. We are introducing more weapons, equipment and vehicles, a variety of new modes, missions and areas to explore, expanded storylines, and enhancements to the UI. We will also be adding new online features including Friend Play and Leaderboards.
The content that we’re introducing into Director’s Cut was all built and developed from the ground up, following the launch of the original release. All the Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077 content introduced to the PC version will also be available in the Director’s Cut.
PlayStation 5 features:
- Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback
- Get closer to the world of DS with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones)
- Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times
- Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support
I couldn’t say enough good things about the game in my review when I originally played it for PS4. I can’t wait to jump back into that world and definitely plan on getting the PS5 upgrade.
Death Stranding Director’s Cut launches on PS5 on September 24, 2021. If you already own the PS4 version, you can get the PS5 Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition upgrade at launch for only $10.
Check out the new Director’s Cut Pre-order trailer below.