Killing Floor 2 Halloween Update Enters Beta Phase
Just last night, Tripwire initiated the beta for the upcoming seasonal Halloween update for Killing Floor 2, bringing along the type of new content players have come to expect from these updates. That being said, there are some interesting additions making its way to the game.
The latest update includes…
- New weapons for several classes, HRG Buckshot (Support), Nailgun PDW (Swat), and the Healththrower (Medic).
- Two new purchasable weapons, Ion Thruster (Berserker), and Rhinos (Gunslinger).
- ‘Nuked’ map with added Objective mode support.
- A new map, Ashwood Asylum.
- New purchasable cosmetics and weapons skins.
- Several minor gameplay rebalances.
Having played a bit of the new content myself, I can easily say that Ashwood Asylum is a pretty good map. The HRG Buckshot and the Nailgun PDW felt pretty underwhelming to me, although the TF2 styled Healththrower makes playing the Field Medic a bit more refreshing, and even more of a top tier class.
It is worth mentioning that neither of the purchasable weapons are available in the beta phase, nor are any of the unlockable cosmetics. If you are interested in playing the new content now, as opposed to waiting for the official release, you can do so by right-clicking Killing Floor 2 in your Steam library, selecting ‘properties’, and then selecting the ‘preview -‘ option under the Betas tab. This feature is only available for the PC version. You can read all the specifics of the newest update on Tripwire’s official blog post here.