The Last of Us gets new multiplayer mode and update
While we’re still waiting for official news on the confirmed single-player DLC for The Last of Us, we now have some new multiplayer content to enjoy thanks to the game’s latest patch (1.03). It comes in the form of Interrogation Mode.
Interrogation Mode pits two teams of four players against each other with the goal of finding and opening the opposing team’s lockbox, emptying it of all supplies. In order to do this you’ll first need to, as indicated by the mode’s name, perform five interrogations on players. Dong so will then unlock the exact location of the enemy team’s lockbox, bringing you one step closer to victory. The tricky part is actually being able to successfully interrogate players, by way of the shiv or by finding a way to get them in the “down” state and pressing “triangle” next to them. Yup, it isn’t going to be as easy as it sounds, but it definitely looks like it’ll make for some truly intense confrontations!
Below you’ll find a list of all the fixes the new patch brings (as listed on the PlayStation Blog), as well as a trailer for the new multiplayer mode.
- Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.