Goat Simulator gets “GoatZ” survival-themed DLC
Goat Simulator‘s developer Coffee Stain Studios is back at it again. First it was an MMO themed expansion playing up World of Warcraft tropes, and now Coffee Stain is targeting survival games. GoatZ has been announced by the wacky developer, adding zombies, crafting, and more intentional glitches to the nonsensical physics playground that is Goat Simulator.
As evident by the name, the $4.99 GoatZ add-on will parody the survival genre, DayZ especially. The content’s trailer points a clear picture that Goat Simulator is gunning after the lesser-enjoyed aspects of the plethora of Early Access survival games currently available. Here’s the official feature list which pokes fun at DayZ creator Dean Hall and Rust’s Garry Newman:
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
Goat Simulator: GoatZ will be available on Steam on May 7 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Be careful Googling the name…